The Lycan Alliance [HOUNDS] Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Brand New forum for the HOUNDS alliance off of Barym Universe in Ogame

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
PLEASE ENSURE YOU HAVE READ AND SIGNED THE ALLIANCE LAWS IN THE ADMINISTRATION SECTION! IT IS A BREACH OF ORDER NOT TO!
Would Tactical Commander, Diplomatic Commander and all Captains please regularly check the Alliance Council Board. Thank you
From 00:00 (GMT) COMMANDER will temporarily have leadership of the Diplomatic Team. In this time i expect you to treat him with the respect you would treat any leader.

Expeditions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Paz

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Expeditions   Expeditions EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:48 am

Should I be running expeditions?

I've read a couple guides, but am not sure whether I should bother with them and if so what ships I should be sending. Anyone have any experience here?
Back to top Go down
Ethereal

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 2:04 am

Expeditions are helpful for gaining Dark Matter. There are occasions where you can also gain a small amount of Metal, Crystal, or Deuterium. And sometimes you even get some ships (Esp Probes, Light Fighters, nothing too big at least for me). However, you do risk the chance of being attacked by "pirates" and possibly losing the fleet you send, or getting sucked into a black hole and losing your fleet. You also might end up having something bad happen where it takes forever for your fleet to come back. Finally, there are a lot of times where you just get nothing from expeditions.

For ships to send, I usually just send some small/large cargo. I usually don't send anything too big in case they get attacked. And I only send like 3 or 4 ships at that. Again, you risk being attacked and losing your fleet, so it's risky to send a lot of ships.

Basically it's up to you to decide whether or not they're worth it. They are helpful if you want dark matter, or the small resources/fleet you might gain. It's also helpful for fleet saving if you're careful. If you do it enough, it can be really helpful.

I hope this is accurate and helped to answer your question. I'm sure someone else can correct me if I made any mistakes, and if you read about expeditions already, this should just be a summation of what you read.
Back to top Go down
Paz

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:07 am

Thank you!

Just knowing that sending a few transports can be profitable is a big help. From the guides it sounded like I needed to send major fleets.

I'll start sending 3-4 large transports and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
Ethereal

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 3:44 pm

I'm glad I could help.

Just know that you may not get a lot of resources, and when you do, it won't be after every expedition.
Back to top Go down
Hawktalon

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:53 pm

isnt there a ... thing where if you send bombers you are more likely to get... ships?
Back to top Go down
Ethereal

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Hawktalon wrote:
isnt there a ... thing where if you send bombers you are more likely to get... ships?

I'm not sure, I haven't heard of that before. That's something to check the ogame forums for, sorry I can't say anything about that.
Back to top Go down
Hawktalon

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 12:59 pm

k
Back to top Go down
Hawktalon

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions EmptyFri Feb 26, 2010 1:04 pm

on the forums it seems to be confirmed... better and more often ships will be found when bombers are included
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Expeditions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Expeditions   Expeditions Empty

Back to top Go down

Expeditions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Lycan Alliance [HOUNDS] Forum :: Miscellaneous :: General Talk-
Jump to: